- Lots of material to cover so I’ll move fast, but please interrupt anytime with questions. Goal is to have fun, not cram for a test
- Programming and electronic concepts interspersed throughout hands-on activities rather than a lecture/lab model
- Installation, blink
- Review Blink sketch
- Add an external LED, first by plugging directly in pin 13, then breadboard
- Experiment with a second LED in parallel to learn how holes in breadboard are connected.
- Current limiting resistor: How and why
- Actuators, and how Arduino controls them: HIGH and LOW voltage levels
- Linking input and output
- Photoresistor controls blink rate
- Analog Input Tutorial
- What might analogWrite() be?
- move LED to pwm pin
- Photoresistor controls brightness
- AnalogInOutSerial tutorial
Examples of Projects for Inspiration
Topics for Further Exploration
- Mix it up: switch controls speed, switch choses between two brightness levels, thermistor changes behavior, etc.
- Boolean logic, tests, and conditionals
- High current loads (e.g. motors) and transistors
- Loops and Files->Examples->Analog->Fading
- Making sounds: Melody tutorial
Where to go next
- You can always email me
- Free “Arduino in a Nutshell” booklet
- Local places to work on projects and get informal help
- Websites with parts, tutorials, examples
- Local shops with very knowledgeable staff
- Al lasher’s (Berkeley)
- Online resources
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.